Saturday, April 10, 2010

Grandma's Scarf's & baubles

About a year ago I inherited my grandmothers scarf's and baubles. These are the things I remember most when I think of her. This sounds like she has passed, she hasn't - she just wanted to make sure I received what she felt I should have. When I was a small child I was allowed to go into her room and I would spend HOURS playing with her scarf's, her hats, and her jewelery. I loved sitting in the middle of the pile I would create and just try every single item on.







I have stared at these items - my little treasures, packed them up, then only to turn around and unpack them. I just couldn't get myself to store them away to just "Sit". I REALLY needed to somehow USE them. So, this is what I came up with and I wanted to share with you what I've done with them.









I'll admit it was hard to make that first cut but I'm so happy that I did, I LOVE my apron. I did re-string the "pearl" collar, then hand stitched it to the apron. Thank you April for all your tips! The flower has one of her old pin's inserted in the middle. The denim strips are from an old pair of my daughters jeans and the rest are her scarf's all cut up. Every time I put this apron on I have fond memories and I'm so happy that these items are just not sitting in some box going unused.


This is what I did with some of her old buttons:






I hope you are inspired to use the items left to you for something incredible. Have a great weekend! ~Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of my comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me one, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!!!

More Inspiration ✿

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...