Last week I was watching the Martha Stewart Show and she showed us how to make these beautiful wreaths out of coffee filters, WHO KNEW? Right? I quickly texted my friend Charlie and told her to watch and that we had to make these. So we ran up to the dollar store bought these gorgeous round silver platters (I wanted mine larger that what Martha's directions called for, lol!) I had a new bottle of the glitter and glue so the supplies that I needed, less than six bucks, LOVE that!
Large round plate (cut the center out using just the rim)
Coffee Filters (3 packages was enough for two wreaths)
Plain white glue
Martha Stewart prisma glitter
Ribbon to hang and I added a large jingle bell to the center of mine.
I love all that sparkle!!! I used the entire bottle of glitter!! To see what Charlie did with hers, you can check hers out here: Lavendar Lover
Coffee Filter Wreath How-To
1. Cut a circle from the inside of a stiff paper plate, leaving a ring.
2. Punch two holes next to each other in ring and thread a ribbon through holes from back to front; tie ribbon in front and trim ends.
3. Stack one coffee filter on top of another. Pinch bottom in center and fold in half. Continue pinching filter with one hand, and encircle edges around center with other hand. Draw hand from bottom to top to bunch into a blossom; squeeze at pinched point to hold shape.
Note: For cupcake liners, use same method, but use only one liner.
4. Glue pinched ends of filters or liners side by side around ring with hot glue, with blossoms pointing outward; add another set of blossoms to ring, pointing toward center. Fill in with more blossoms, staggering to fill out wreath.
5. Brush watered-down craft glue onto wreath with a stiff brush; sprinkle with glitter. Use hot glue to attach a bow to wreath, if desired.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Coffee Filter Wreath - Martha Stewart Holidays
Be Sure to check out TERESA COLLINS blog today for Day 15 of 25 favorite things, today's giveaway is CANVAS CORP, if your not familiar, check it out, it is a HUGE giveaway - Burlap, frames, chalkstop, cork, tags, ties... and much more! Their products are amazing, I have seen a few things close up but I too would love to have a chance to play with all that they are giving away. SO, GOOD LUCK!!!
Have a great day! ✿ Cheri