Friday, March 7, 2014

March Tumbler of the month using the TC Ebosser



I've had some questions about the tumblers I have used over time. I DO have several of the different Starbucks Tumblers.

This is the COLLAGE IT tumbler, the website says it is currently not available but I have seen it at most Starbucks stores.

Here's the question I get with this one, how do I decorate it?  This particular tumbler I think is for simplicity. Not the tumbler I typically use when adding embellishments. But if you do have it, then how would you create with it? Because you can't add a lot of "layers" it's a great way to showcase your favorite photos, a drawing your child has created for you, a favorite piece of paper. Something along those lines.

So today I am sharing one of the fun ways I have decorated mine using the TC Ebosser!



To start, slip your template out of the tumbler and trace your template onto your sheet of paper. I have a place I keep all of my different templates so I know where to find them all each time I redecorate or change out my designs. Once you have it traced, cut it out.



I enjoy this embossing folder with all of the cabbage roses on it. So I thought it would be fun to play around with it this month. So run it through your TC Ebosser.



Once I had it embossed I very lightly added some pink ink to the page. I used the Tim Holtz distress Spun Sugar ink over the raised images. This paper is from the Teresa Collins Save the Date collection and it has an amazing texture to it!!



Once I finished inking it I used the pearl powder in Blush over the top by using the medium pen then sprinkling the powder over the top then dusting it off. Once done, go ahead and slip it into your tumbler.

I want to mention, I truly enjoy making these and switching them up every month, I am not paid by Starbucks, it's just something I LOVE playing with!

I hope this inspires you and helps those of you that have asked me to share something with this tumbler.

If you are looking for the stainless steel one that you can create with more layers and shown in many of my other posts here is the link: http://www.starbucksstore.com/stainless-steel-create-your-own-tumbler-16-fl-oz/011025477,default,pd.html?navid=PDP

Don't forget to set your clocks forward this weekend!

1 comment:

I read all of my comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me one, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!!!

More Inspiration ✿

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...