Sunday, May 23, 2010

This Close

Well, I still haven't been able to create or scrapbook. However, I was able to get a little mental break and help "E" paint her room yesterday...






















Is this a great photo or what? This was taken the morning of her birthday last week, opening her Home Depot gift card which came with a key chain that had a little paint brush charm attached. It was perfect. She has wanted to paint her room her favorite color of blue for so long. My husband is not one for change, or paint. So this is a really big event for us. You can see in her face almost a look of disbelief changing to pure joy.






















She was so excited to get the paint like the commercial - "it paint's like a primer" Our neighbor told us about it when they painted a room in their home and it does work pretty nice! Saved a lot of time. LOVE THAT!!!






















Somehow we measured wrong or put it on to thick in spots because we ran out of paint. We were that close to being done last night...

I love that girl. We are so lucky, she is not like a typical teen should be. With Danny in the auto industry and I in real estate there have been some tough times financially. Over a year ago we had to sit down as a family and talk about the hard stuff in life that you try not to share with your kids. We had to do it though, we didn't want her to think the "elephant" in the room had anything to do with her. We wanted her to know the difference between wanting something and needing something. It was a hard conversation.

When we asked her what she needed for her birthday she said, I'm good, I need nothing. After days of prying, she admitted to wanting something - just paint. All she wanted was paint but she didn't want to ask because she knew she didn't need it. How amazing is that? I can't wait to come home from my open house today and help her finish painting her room.  Have an amazing day!!! ~Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of my comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me one, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!!!

More Inspiration ✿

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...